The Nanonis SPM Control System software is constantly evolving with the aim of providing the most advanced solutions for the latest demands of fundamental and applied research. Regular updates (in addition to numerous bug fixes) often include new functionality or support for new add-on modules
. Software Version 4 (launched with the BP4 in 2007) has received hundreds of new functions over the years through regular updates.
The current development status of the main software versions:
- Version 5 is the current actively developed Nanonis software version. New functionalities and new add-on modules will be developed only for this version of the software, and will not be transferred to older versions. V5 software requires a RC5 real-time controller (BP5 or BP4.5 or OC4.5-S)
- Version 4.5 will have limited updates. There are no plans for new functionality to be added to this version of the Nanonis software. V4.5 requires a RC4 or RC5 real-time controller (BP4 or BP4.5 or OC4.5-S). RC4s with serial number below 380 are not supported.
- Version 4 development is stopped, meaning that from January 2015 there will be no further software updates available.
- Version 3 software is not supported anymore.
Updates within the same software version are free of charge and can be downloaded from the SPECS Zurich Extranet site
. For upgrades, meaning to a newer version, please contact us
for more information.
Important EOL information:
The following discontinued instrument models can be repaired but not replaced anymore:
- All 19" rack-mounted instruments except RTPC
- RC4 with serial number above and including 380
- All SC4
The following discontinued instrument models have reached their end-of-life and repairs cannot be guaranteed anymore:
- RTPC (19" rack-mount)
- RC4 with serial number below 380
In case of hardware failure the instruments might need to be replaced by an instrument of the currently available product line.
The following discontinued instrument models have reached their end-of-life and no repair service or support will be provided anymore:
- First generation PXI-based real-time controller
In case of hardware failure the instruments need to be replaced by an instrument of the currently available product line.